A New Year
This time of year brings resolutions and promises of change. Old habits to be overwritten with new better ones. Instead of making sweeping declarations this year, I’ve opted for a new trend.
These are some words I hope to live by in 2016, they are not my words but instead those of great thinkers, writers and doers.
Maybe just maybe if I can carry them with me daily, I can hold on to them hard enough to remember what’s important; to take risks, be bold, love hard, laugh often, play wildly, work smarter, forgive openly, speak less and say more.
1. When the world is silent, even one voice becomes powerful. – Malala Yousafzai
2. Sometimes I have to remind myself that I don’t have to do what everyone else is doing. – unknown
3. I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes. Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You’re doing things you’ve never done before, and more importantly, you’re doing something – Neil Gaiman
4. To find yourself, think for yourself. -Socrates
5. I don’t want other people to decide who I am. I want to decide that for myself. – Emma Watson
6. A year from now you may wish you had started today. – Karen Lamb
7. Be the happiest most adventurous version of yourself possible. – unknown
8. Do what you have to do until you can do what you want to do. – Oprah Winfrey
9. The key to serenity is trusting that the universe has your back. – Gabrielle Bernstein
10. I hope you make the best of it. I hope you see things that startle you. I hope you feel things you’ve never felt before. I hope you meet people who have a different point of view. I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you’re not, I hope you have the courage to start all over again. – F. Scott Fitzgerald
Wishing you all the best for new beginnings and making the most of exactly where you are, where you’re meant to be.